International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8
every year to honour women’s rights and celebrate women and their undying contribution to our society. March 8 was officially marked by the United Nations as a day to celebrate women power in the year 1977 and since then, this day is widely celebrated throughout the world.
The history behind this important day can be traced back to the 19th century women’s suffrage movement. It is noticed that while women constitute half of the human population and have widely progressed in many fields of life, conquering both traditional and new roles– their contributions aren’t appreciated enough. And thus, this day is celebrated to honour women’s rights, gender equality and women’s achievements.
This year’s theme for International Women’s Day is ‘Be Bold for Change’ which encourages women to be bolder, stronger and more powerful in all spheres of life.
So , go ahead and celebrate this day by wishing the women in your life– your mother, sister, partner, colleague, and friend. You can send them cards, wishes and greetings to make them feel special on this day. Or send these powerful statements and quotes to the lovely women in your life to celebrate womanhood, their talent, perseverance, and timeless
Images, Cards, Greetings, Pictures and Wallpapers ::
[All Gifs : Giphy.com]
Here is a compilation of some inspirational quotes which you can share with the important women in your life:
1. “Well behaved women rarely make history” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right”- Aung San Suu Kyi
3. “A woman is like a teabag- you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which i rebuilt my life” – J.K. Rowling
5. “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
6. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
7. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg
8. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
9. “And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
10. “Just because you used to be, doesn’t mean you have to be.”- Dallas Clayton
11. “Self-care isn’t vanity, its sanity.” – Erica Diamond
12. “One is not born a woman, one becomes one” – Simone De Beauvoir
13. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
14. “Women are the real architects of society.”- Harriet Beecher Stowe
15. “Extremists have shown what frighten them most: a girl with a book” – Malala Yousafzai
16. “Gender equality is critical to the development and peace of every nation.” — Kofi Annan
17. “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” — Hillary Clinton
You make the world come alive. You make the world colorful. You are the inspiration behind all that happens. You are the pillar of strength to many around you, the centrifugal force of your own little world, called family. I love being a women and celebrate being one everyday, hope you all do too!! And to all those who battle their various circumstances, the hurdles, the sacrifices and the compromises they make, wish them all inner strength! Happy Women’s Day!!!